Friday, January 9, 2009

2 Months!!

Brayden is 2 months today. We had a pediatrician appointment today so we got all the latest stats on him.
Length 23 3/4 inches - 75-90%
Weight 12 lbs. 14 ozs. - 75%
Head 39 cm - 25 %
I guess he is going to be a big kid with a small head!! They said that as long as he grows proprtionally all is well. We thought that his head looks really big, but I guess there are bigger.

Brayden has really been changing over the past couple of weeks. He is starting to smile at everything. He loves to be talked to and he also loves to talk back to you. The only problem is that he usually starts this talking at like 6 in the morning, when we are still trying to sleep. Since it is so cute, we usually can't resist going in there and talking with him. I have posted a video below of him talking, it's pretty cute.

Brayden had his first appointment with the NIC follow up clinic on Wednesday. There they monitor his progress and make sure he is developing and hitting his milestones. He got evaluated by the physical therapist at this appointment. She had a great report and was very pleased with Brayden's progress. Our main concern right was that we thought that he might be weaker on the right side than the left. According to her assesment, she actually thinks that Brayden is stronger on the right now then on the left, so that is great news. She really didn't have any concerns about his growth and progress at this point, so we don't have to go back until 6 months.

I started back at work this week. I wasn't really ready to leave Brayden yet, but I don't think that I would have ever been ready to leave him. I was completely fine on Monday, I only called once to check on him. Then it hit me on Tuesday. When I came back from work he was already sleeping for the night and I just broke down crying. I don't like the idea that sometimes when I get home he is going to be in bed already. So this week has been a trial for all of us. Since I don't have a whole lot of time with him in the evening, I have been getting up early and playing with him before I go to work. I think Brayden knew I was going back to work because on Monday night for the first time ever he slept for a full 6 hours. And you know what he has been doing that ever since. So that has definitely helped Jon and I as we transition back to working again. Unfortunately Brayden got 3 shots today and he is not a happy camper today, so I don't know how well he will sleep for us for the next couple of days.

I don't know if I believe what Daddy is telling me
All dressed up in my Colts gear ready to cheer them on with Daddy
2 months old today!!!

3 comments:

mamalouise said...

Congrats on great appointments! He is so cute! Loved the video...P-Daddy and I were just talking about how we can't even remember those sounds...it goes by quickly! Congrats on going back to work too! Hope you guys are doing well! Love, MD

Megan Recker said...

Brayden is a doll!!! I love his a.m. chit chat sessions! So glad to hear that you got good news from his appointments. That's very reassuring.
If you want to see what he'll be up to in about 4 1/2 months, check out Avery's blog (www.babyrecker.blogspot.com).
Take care!
meg

IUgirl78 said...

We all loved watching the video! He is just a cutie!

I was thinking about you guys when you went back to work. I'm sure it was hard! What a great idea to get up and play with him in the morning. I bet you both love that time together!