Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sleep...

Sorry I got too excited typing that I added the pictures in here last, so you get pictures first this time. Go Red Sox

Getting some rest with mommy after a long weekend

Mullet

Post Mullet (sorry buddy, we couldn't stand that hair do and we had to do something about it)

Sleep, it is so over rated these days. I am sorry if this is all I talk about, but this is all we think about these days. Brayden actually started to get a little bit more sleep this week. I have been trying to feed him more formula, hoping that it will fill up his belly and help him sleep more. On Monday night, he actually slept from 8 pm-3:30 am. Of course, since we are so used to him getting up all the time, I got up about five times during that time period to make sure he was still breathing. But of course this sleep was short lived. He has been getting one good sleep period per night, so either the early or late shift he will be out cold. So he is definitely learning.

Brayden had his EEG on Friday. What they needed to do was hook him up to electrodes and monitor his brain waves. It was exactly what they did when he was first born. The directions that we got before we came were very specific. Please have your child sleep deprived. Great the week he starts to figure out how to sleep we now have to deprive him of sleep. They only wanted him to sleep from midnight to 4 am. I don't think so! Not only does that mean we have a sleep deprived child but also a sleep deprived mother. So I cheated and he slept from 8-6 am. I was a little worried he wouldn't sleep, but he did great. He only had to sleep for about an hour. We still don't have the results of the test, hopefully we will hear from the doctor tomorrow on whether or not we can start taking him off his medication.

We had a great weekend hanging out with my family. It was my brother Josh and his fiance Lauren's bridal shower. Brayden had a blast hanging out with all the women. He definitely knows how to flirt with them!!

Just a fun little video of Brayden playing in the tub

1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

Hey! I would say that is really great that you've gotten him to start doing some long stretches for you. In fact, I'm a little envious considering my almost 5-yr-old has started waking me up several times a night. Um, I thought I was done with that stage?!

The "mullet" picture cracked me up. You do remember Reese's mullet, don't you? Why no one took her aside and cut her hair is beyond me. I cannot believe I let it get that long! :)

I'm sure you're anxious to hear the results of Brayden's EEG. I hope you have good news and can take him off the medicine!