Sunday, February 15, 2009

3 months old...

We have had a sleepless couple of weeks, so needless to say the blog doesn't get updated. Brayden is very hot and cold when it comes to his sleeping at night. One night he will sleep 6 hours straight and then the next night he gets up every hour and a half. So we have been walking zombies lately, we are hoping that things get better and soon! We miss our sleep.

Last week Bradyen had his first photo shoot for his 3 month pictures. He did such a great job, he was a great sport the whole time. He didn't even cry, but he did pee on the floor. That was my fault, I wanted a cute butt picture and sure enough he went pee during the photo shoot. The pictures turned out great, so great that I didn't order any yet because I couldn't decide what to get.

My mom came up for a few days last week to help us out. She let us all get some needed rest and watch Brayden while we were working. We finally got Brayden to accept some formula. He was allergic to the first two that we tried, but soy formula works! We took his stats for this month and he is 25 1/2 inches long and weighing in at 14 lbs. 8 ounces.

We had our first visit to the emergency room. Brayden has been really bad sleeping for the past week and he finally cracked yesterday. He had a fever and was crying to the point where you couldn't console him. And he is not a crier so we knew something was wrong. We took him to urgent care to get checked out. He just has a little virus, with a red throat and a rash on his chest. So of course, all he wants to do is sleep and sleep on you. So we took turns last night with him sleeping on us. Poor guy. Hopefully he will start feeling better and getting some sleep soon!


All dressed up for his photo shoot

Practicing my smile for my photo shoot

Too many pictures, too many smiles (the pacifier is half way out of his mouth)

Figuring out that grandma has bigger fingers to chew than mine!

I finally figured out how to hold that rattle..

And put it right in my mouth

Waiting to get checked out at the urgent care

Trying to get some sleep in my parents bed

Bathtime in the real bathtub, I have learned that I can really kick and splash now

I thought this was fitting, Jon did our taxes today. His shirt says "tax write-off"

Brayden is learning to laugh and giggle at everything

1 comment:

IUgirl78 said...

Wow! Three months old already? Where is the time going? I hope that was your first and last ER visit. That had to be very scary! But good for you for taking him in to get checked out. I hope he feels better soon!

I have also been there with the sleeping situation. I do remember 3-4 months being the time when both of my kids got on schedules during the day, and I think that helped a little during the night as well. Hopefully you will all be getting more sleep soon!